Looking for something active for the kids to do these school holidays? Why not drop them off for a full day of riding the mountain bike tracks at Lysterfield!
$65 per person (Meet Lysterfield) or
$90 per person with pick up / drop off from Mornington (Max 4 riders)
Find out when : See 'Course Dates' on home page
Our experienced mountain bike instructors will supervise and guide them safely for the day. We will develop their riding by teaching skills and techniques along the way with the emphasis on safety and fun.
Includes lots of additional advice about equipment, caring for your bike and riding responsibly.
Kids will enjoy a guided loop of the best Lysterfield trails including the 2006 Commonwealth Games track, skills park and even a quick dip in the lake!
Please contact us directly if you have any questions in relation to ability / bicycle suitability.
* Please be aware these rides cover approximately 20-25km of off road riding including some long hills and rough descents. They are however inclusive rides at a manageable pace suitable for casual riders with fun challenges for the group along the way*
|DIRT RIDERS SCHEDULE|
|10.00am||Arrival at meeting place and complete paperwork|
|10.15am||Introductions and bike and equipment check|
|10.30am||Warm-up and riding assessment|
|10.30 - 12.00pm||Skills coaching and trail ride|
|12.00 - 12.30pm
||Lunch at top of Commonwealth Games Track|
|12.30 - 1.30pm||Commonwealth Games descent|
|1.30 - 2.30pm||Skills Park and Jumps|
|2.30 - 3.00pm||Wrap Up / Awards|
Age Group: 10 - 16 Years Max Group Size: 8 - BOOK EARLY!!
*For other ages outside of this range please contact us directly
- Bike set up and safety check
- Correct riding position (Position & Balance)
- Slow riding and balance
- Riding trail obstacles
- Safe and efficient braking techniques
- Wheel lifts
- Basic jumps
- Bike maintenance workshop
You must bring
- Helmet- Australian Approved / Correct fit
- Bike – Minimum front suspension / off road tyres
- Recently serviced in safe and good working condition
- Enclosed shoes
- Suitable comfortable cycling or outdoor clothing
- Water carrier and bottle / Hydration Pack
- A packed lunch or money for lunch (lunch is not included)
You should bring
- Full finger gloves
- Cycling shorts and jersey
- Hydration pack
- Lots of snacks
- Qualified Instructor
- Mechanical support
- First Aid Kit